Thursday, June 10, 2010

Passion Psalm

you can drive me 
down the road
to all 
your empty places, the light
of my love 
will 
be there.
you can drag me 
down
to the darkest 
depths 
of your despair, 
the light
of my love 
will 
shine there.
you can fly me 
down
to the deepest tunnel 
in your soul, 
the light of 
my love 
will 
shine through
you can tear me down 
until
I’m worthless to be owned, 
the light of my love
falls
on 
you
you can pull me
to the under
                          ground
Tell me not make 
a sound, the light 
of my love will 
                     be 
                          there
you can
tell me I will never find
all 
the blackness in your mind, 
the light of my love will 
shine there!
I will wrap you ‘round my finger 
never let you go
hold you in
where hearts melt all the winter snow
you’re everyone I dream of
in every world below
If it feels like heaven,
then heaven never 
leave us alone.

Waiting For You